- Kevin is interviewed on PBS's Tell Me More with Kelly Corrigan (May 2022).
- Kevin talks about his work and reads poems in three videos for the T.S. Eliot Prize (January 2022).
- Kevin reads various poems from Arican American Poetry on NewsHour (November 2020).
- For Doubleday's "Two Writers Talking" series, Kevin and Robin Coste Lewis discuss the role poetry plays in difficult moments in our history, moderated by Well-Read Black Girl founder Glory Edim (November 2020).
- Kevin introduces the New York Public Library's event about Malcolm X, for The Harry Belafonte Black Liberation Speaker Series (October 2020).
Kevin reads Robert Hayden's poem "Those Winter Sundays" for Library of America's Lift Every Voice Project (October 2020).
- NY1 speaks to Kevin about reading habits and libraries in the time of coronavirus (August 2020).
- Rare Books School hosts Kevin in conversation with Brian Cassidy, Julie Nelson Davis, and Nick Wilding (July 2020).
- OPEN BXRx speaks to Kevin about the Schomburg Center's Black Liberation Reading List (July 2020).
- PBS NewsHour interviews Kevin for their special, "America in Black and Blue 2020" (June 2020).
- Macleans Live hosts Kevin in conversation with Carol Anderson, author of One Person, No Vote (June 2020).
- Kevin reads his poetry at the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference (August 2019).
- CNN includes Brown in its story, “The Inescapable Message of Black Storytelling in 2018” (December 2018).
- Kevin participates in the grand finale of PBS’s The Great American Read (October 2018).
- Kevin is featured in the “Heroes” episode of PBS’s The Great American Read (September 2018).
- Kevin takes part in PBS’s The Great American Read, including an appearance in the opening sequence (September 2018).
- Kevin is interviewed on PBS NewsHour (July 2018).
- Trevor Noah interviews Kevin on The Daily Show (April 2018).
- Kevin is interviewed on Book Lust with Nancy Pearl (December 2017).
- Kevin visits the set of BuzzFeed’s “AM to DM” to talk about Bunk (November 2017).
- Kevin is interviewed on PBS’s “Book View Now” while at the Miami Book Fair (November 2017).
- Kevin speaks with NBC News about Moonlight director Barry Jenkins’s adaptation of James Baldwin’s If Beale Street Could Talk (July 2017).
- Kevin appears on CBS This Morning to talk about James Baldwin and the Schomburg Center’s collection of Baldwin’s papers (July 2017).
- C-SPAN Book TV interviews Kevin about Bunk (June 2017).
- Kevin is a guest on CUNY TV’s Black in America (March 2017).
- Kevin is interviewed on ABC’s Here and Now (February 2017).
- PBS interviews Kevin during the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (February 2017).
- Kevin reads from Book of Hours on the New York Times “Read Around” (March 2014).
- Watch Kevin at the 2007 Library of Congress National Book Festival (2007).